Paying up to £35,000
The ideal candidate would be an experienced 2nd Line Engineer with a track record of being able to resolve complex problems through a broad understanding and skill across the whole network, from server OS to networking hardware, firewalls and 3rd party software. A candidate who has delivered deployment & migration projects within a time budget, who enjoys working in a client-facing role, and would relish the opportunity to grow with us in developing documentation, products and new systems to drive the company forwards.
As a 2nd/3rd line engineer, your focus will be on supporting and maintain their client’s IT infrastructure. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing efficient customer support for servers, desktops, routers, firewalls, applications and client networks.
– Respond to and effectively resolve or escalate customer incidents, queries or complaints.
– Handle incidents and escalate problems on the various platforms and supported networks from logging ticket to resolution.
– Perform IT administrative tasks on both user and server related issues.
– Communicate with client onsite and suppliers/3rd parties at all levels internally and externally.
– Take a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach.
– Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
– Deliver Client Projects (Hardware / Software / Cloud solutions).
– Application troubleshooting.
– Solid communication skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements.
– Microsoft Desktop Experience (with certification).
– Microsoft Server Experience (preferably with certification).
– General Technical Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
– Clear Understanding of IT Methodology and Best Practise (preferably with certification).
– Able to prioritise under pressure and to work to deadlines.
– Technically focussed but commercially aware.
– Positive Disposition with a sense of humour.
– Driven by results and by performing at the highest level.
– Reliable and Punctual.
– Ability to work on your own (on-site) and add value to the client.
– Comfortable communicating with staff of customers and internally at all levels (Owners trough to junior staff).
– Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation’s.
– Able to work under pressure.
– Microsoft packages.
– Windows Servers.
– Office 365.
– Networking – switches, routers, Cisco.
– Virtualisation technologies.
– Wi-Fi – LAN, wireless.
– Computer related degree.
– Microsoft certifications.
– Apple certifications.
– Backup technologies.
– ISO 27001 or similar Information Security Compliance.
– Data Cabling.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company specialise in providing a full range of IT solutions for small to medium sized London businesses. They understand that budgets are often limited and will work with their clients to find cost-effective solutions that endure IT systems are a help rather than a hindrance.
This fantastic opportunity is paying up to £35k. Performance-related salary increases
·Mobile phone and laptop.
·Regular opportunities for overtime.
·Long service increases in holiday allocation
Great opportunities like this don’t last long. Submit your CV now, or give Walter a call on 0207 655 4604 to discuss whether this role is right for you.