Paying up to £35,000
Have you reached a dead end in your current job?
My client is looking for a skilled 2nd line engineer who is a natural with implementing and supporting to a high level the full range of SMB infrastructure hardware, software and cloud services in an MSP environment.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced 2nd Line Engineer with a track record of being able to resolve complex problems through having a broad understanding and skill across the whole network from server OS to networking hardware, firewalls and 3rd party software, has delivered deployment & migration projects within a time budget, who enjoys working in a client-facing role, and would relish the opportunity to grow with us in developing documentation, products and new systems to drive the company forwards.
As a 2nd line engineer, your focus will be on being responsible for handling escalated service requests. You will also be responsible for ensuring the technical team is improving engineering skills to ensure fast turnaround of client requests. Ensuring root cause analysis to prevent recurring problems.
Respond to and effectively resolve or escalate customer incidents, queries or complaints.
– Handle incidents and escalate problems on the various platforms and supported networks from logging ticket to resolution
– Perform IT administrative tasks on both user and server related issues
– Communicate with client onsite and suppliers/3rd parties at all levels internally and externally
– Take a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach
– Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution
SKILLS REQUIRED: (As many as possible of the following)
– Microsoft packages
– Windows Server platforms 2008 – 2016
– Office 365
– Network infrastructure – routers, firewalls, ( SonicWall) VLAN, WLAN
– Virtualisation technologies – Hyper V/ VMware
– Wi-Fi – LAN, wireless
– Microsoft Azure VMs, VPNs, hybrid environments
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company specialise in providing a full range of IT solutions for small to medium sized London businesses. They understand that budgets are often limited and will work with their clients to find cost-effective solutions that endure IT systems are a help rather than a hindrance. A high percentage of new business comes through client referrals and the company has also invested heavily in specialised operational platforms for MSPs.
This fantastic opportunity is paying up to £35k. Performance-related salary increases
HOW TO APPLY
Great opportunities like this don’t last long. Submit your CV now, or give Sonia a call on 0207 426 9844 to discuss whether this role is right for you