Paying up to £72,000
Are you an experienced Cyber Security Professional looking for an exciting new role?
Are you highly analytical and enjoy finding new ways to solve problems? Want to take your technical skills to the next level?
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Cyber Threat Analyst with a background in Cyber Defence Networks for a rapidly growing wealth management business. You will be a part of the central hub for Computer Network Operations and will be on the front line of security incident response, threat hunting, and intelligence.
With various technologies to work with, this is a role which will never get boring.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Countermeasure deployment across various technologies.
* Malware and exploit analysis.
* Intrusion monitoring and response.
* Assessing alerts and notifications of event activity from intrusion detection systems and responding accordingly to the threat.
* Continuing content development of threat detection and prevention systems.
* Data analysis and threat research.
* Maintains knowledge of security principles and best practices. Must remain current with emerging threats and trends.
* Assists teams in various security and privacy risk mitigation efforts; including incident response.
* Leads or participates in information security related projects or in managing strategy.
* Conduct forensic investigations for incident response related activities.
* Develop new forensic detective and investigative capabilities using current technical solutions.
* Work with various business units and technical disciplines in a security consultant role for cyber threats.
* Shares in a weekly on-call rotation and acts as an escalation point for managed security services and associates of the company.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related degree and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in Information Security or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience should include a minimum of two (2) years in conducting Cyber Network Defense and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with incident response methodologies, malware analysis, penetration testing, scripting and/or forensics.
* Systems administrator experience in Linux, Unix, Windows or OSX operating systems.
* Knowledge of networking and the common network protocols.
* Demonstrated ability to create complex scripts, develop tools, or automate processes in PowerShell, Python or Bash.
One or more of the following certifications or the ability to obtain within 1 year:
* CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
* CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate
* SANS: GCIH – Incident Handler
* SANS: GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
Knowledge of the following highly preferred:
* Knowledge of vulnerabilities and a comfort in manipulating exploit code for analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to analyse large data sets and identify anomalies.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly create and deploy countermeasures under pressure.
* Familiarity with common infrastructure systems that can be used as enforcement points.
The ideal candidate will serve as a primary member of the Cyber Threat Center (CTC) who handle security events and incidents on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment. You will also act as an Incident Handler who can handle minor and major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process. The role embodies Cyber Network Defense so the successful Cyber Threat Analyst will be able to quickly analyse threats, understand risk, deploy effective countermeasures, make business critical incident response decisions and work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to protecting the firm. Finally, you will maintain situational awareness for cyber threats across the global firm and take action where necessary.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
I am currently recruiting for a leading wealth management business, supporting 90 commercially independent practices that represent a mix of private client investment managers, stockbrokers and investment focused financial planners located throughout the UK. Their diversified business model and commitment to client service has seen them deliver extremely high-quality work to their clients. My client works with a diverse range of customers and technologies so has a lively environment full of new challenges. No two days will be the same.
Based in Central London, this company has an enviable location as you will be working in the heart of London with great facilities and opportunities abound.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
£57,000-£72,000 per annum
Generous holiday allowance
Investment in training
HOW TO APPLY
Great opportunities like this don’t last long. Submit your CV now at email@example.com. Alternatively, give Emmanuel a call on 02074269817 to discuss whether this role is right for you.