Paying up to £45,000
Desktop Support Analyst – City of London – Up to £45,000
About the company
Our client is a global leader in the financial industry, and we currently have a fantastic opportunity to work for a financial services company based in the City of London, but with a significant global presence! I am looking for a bright and motivated individual with excellent development and communication skills, with a passion for IT. This is a chance to expand your skills with first-class on-the-job training from leading professionals in the field.
About the Role
The primary job function will focus on the global support of desktop and laptop systems, including break/fix service, operating system and application loading, application configurations and user settings, and desktop administrative duties.
* Work collaboratively across Business, IT Operations, IT Applications teams to quickly resolve desktop issues, set up and maintain desktop configurations and fine-tuning, and keep desktops current with the latest patches and updates.
* Responsibility for the resolution of incidents assigned via the Incident Management System by monitoring the ticketing queue to prioritise, allocate, and ensure timely resolution of tickets (SLA) Guidelines.
* Interface directly with an interview partner teams to define application purpose, hardware/application dependencies, support standards, including testing strategy, response requirements, and escalation points.
* Follow best practices for desktop support with a focus on continuous improvement
* Performs hardware & software installs, desk moves, adds and changes as required.
* Apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user community on issues related to design, development and deployment of desktop hardware, and desktop applications.
* Collaborate with application project teams by participating in project UAT testing for desktop dependencies
* Work with IT Leadership for continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
· O365 Product Suite
· Microsoft SCCM
· General knowledge of infrastructure security, including Windows, Unix/Linux, desktop and mobile
· Previous experience in Desktop Support
· Experience in the Financial Services Industry a plus
· Virtual Desktop Administration
· Experience using remote support tools (e.g. LogMeIn)
· Qualification and Skills
· Windows Desktop Administration (Win7/10)
· Strong customer service and orientation in execution
· Maintains a high degree of professionalism
· Work with the Service Desk, Application Support, and infrastructure teams as needed for overall incident management
· Evaluate critical systems, prioritise workflow and determine solutions
· Excellent verbal, written, and relationship skills used to interact with a global group of technical and non-technical people.
· Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
· Read and understand technical manuals
· Work for an extended time at keyboard/terminal
· Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
· Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings when required
· Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
· Ability to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
· Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities appropriately in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
· Must be able to lift, squat, bend, twist in the installation of various desktop equipment up to 20KG.
· Must be authorised to work in the UK for any employer
· Educated to A-LevelDegree standard
· Specific certifications, i.e., A+, Network+, HP, Dell, Microsoft, and others as required
Opportunities like this do not last forever, if you feel this role is fitting for your next career move then do not hesitate to contact me on 020 3540 9441, or you can drop me an email to kawsarM@JITR.co.uk.