Paying up to £45,000
Desktop Support Analyst – City of London – Up to £45,000
About the company
Our clients specialises in a broad range of financial products including Cash Equity, ETFs, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Futures & Options, Bonds, Structured Products, Securities Financing Transactions, Exotics and Commodities.
About the Role
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for all in-house repairs of laptop and desktop computers, servicing equipment and imaging and inventory.
Successful candidates should be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximising the efficient use of computing resources.
This position will receive, prioritise, document and actively resolve end-user help tickets as well as troubleshooting Microsoft Desktop Operating System and application issues like Office 365 and internal Apps. The Desktop Support Analyst will adhere to the company computer security policy, software standards, and other company and departmental policies and processes.
Extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems (windows mainly but Linux will be a plus) and basic network connectivity understanding is required.
* Perform tasks such as the installation of images, data migration, troubleshooting general office productivity applications, applying securing configurations and custom application support. Install, test and promote software and hardware components to completion.
* Assist other IT Specialists, IT Management and users in the resolution of problems related to the correct operations of the desktop environment.
* Escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced technician.
* Demonstrate the core values of People, Service Excellence, Trustworthiness, Process Simplicity, and Product Value.
* Cordially and professionally interact with customers, vendors, superiors, peers and others.
* Monitor and track IT assets, inventory and warranty periods of machines.
* Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
* Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies
Skills and Abilities:
* Experience supporting PCs running Windows Operating Systems including repairs
* Experience diagnosing various hardware, peripherals, and software problems and PC and Mac computers
* Experience working with wired and wireless network attached devices
* Knowledge of basic computer hardware
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
* Strong documentation skills
* Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows Operating Systems
* Secure application support experience including cloud-based like AWS and Office 365
* Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
* Effective time management and organisational skills
* Work independently as well as in a team environment
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Maintain confidentiality
* Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
* Handle multiple projects simultaneously within an established time constraints
* Perform under intense demands in a fast-paced environment
* Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
* Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Opportunities like this do not last forever, if you feel this role is fitting for your next career move then do not hesitate to contact me on 020 3540 9441, or you can drop me an email to Kawsarm@JITR.co.uk.