Paying up to £50,000
DevOps Engineer | EdTech | Central London | Up to £50,000
The company is a very cool Ed Tech company. They are different. Their products are used by students from the top universities in the UK.
Your main role is related to cloud systems administration, shell scripting, CI pipeline configuration, release management, container management and network security design.
· Administrating the AWS Cloud and the managed services
· Doing the setup and configuring deployment pipelines for APIs and Web Applications
· Performing the Dev and Test Environment Configuration
· Co-ordinating platform blue/green releases for distributed systems
· Producing and maintaining the Infrastructure as Code
· Being responsible for VPC and Firewall configuration
· Being responsible for backup management and failure recovery
· Monitoring platform activity/telemetry and designing appropriate auto-scaling policies
· Providing guidance on dev ops best practices and promoting the principles within the organisation
Key skills and experience:
· Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· Experience in managing an AWS cloud or part of a cloud in a commercial environment
· Understanding of AWS shared security model and implications for infrastructure management
· Experience in setting up Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines for applications utilising source control and test automation
· Understanding of Docker and Container Orchestration
· Experience in running releases for containerised cloud-based distributed systems
· Experience of systems administration via shell scripting with bash
· Understanding of Dev Ops principles and practices
· Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code and Terraform
·Technical skills in Linux, Amazon Web Services, Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes), Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Code Pipeline), Database Management (SQL/NoSQL).
· Scripting: Bash shell scripting, Terraform, Packer, AWS Lambda
· Share options
· 28 days Holiday
· Remote one day/week
· Flexible working around core business hours
· Choice on company workstation and equipment
· Opportunity to work in an exciting product-based technology company with significant influence over QA strategy
How to apply:
If this sounds like the role that you were looking for, I am more than happy to have a conversation with you. Send me your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see what’s next!