Paying up to £40,000
IT Project Manager – City of London – £35,000 – £40,000 – Media Firm
About the company
Do you enjoy a challenge? Want to work for a top funky and friendly media firm? This innovative company powers 5 of the most prestigious media companies in the UK. The right candidate will be based in the very swish London offices. This company are considered as leaders within their competitive market, they continually expand due to their great success, and this is a brilliant opportunity to get on board with an extremely fun and innovative company.
The IT team is undergoing a significant transformation (IT 2.0) to better align with the evolved needs of the business. IT has an overwhelming amount of work that needs to get done day-to-day, but also have large complex projects to complete to implement their transformations. This role will assist both leads in providing project management, commercial support and additional arms and legs to get things done.
To lead the transformational aspects of IT. This involves management and completion of several important short-term cost savings initiatives as well as the creation, refinement, alignment and approval of an underlying strategic framework. (The Run, Grow, Transform framework is being used for the IT team, for example.) It then involves conducting audits of the units’ current capabilities as well as stakeholder interviews across key accounts, departments and geographies towards developing a detailed gap analysis for each group. Then, a comprehensive plan with owners and dates needs to be developed, agreed and curated to close these identified gaps. Finally, this person will oversee the implementation of the plan and preside over ongoing refreshes of the gap analysis to keep both units aligned with the continuously evolving needs of the business. This role is primarily a project management role where the IT Operations person ensures that these tasks get completed by the existing IT Team. However, since these teams are small and agile, the IT Operations person will also need to do many of the tasks themselves.
·£s saved in 2H’19
·Timely completion of Framework, Gap Analysis and Plan
·Amount of transformation tasks completed using some business value measure
· Take ownership of cost savings list(s) from leads and project manage them to completion prioritising most commercially impactful items first
· Help leads create and refine an underlying strategic framework for each unit and then obtain team alignment and management. (The Run, Grow, Transform framework is being used for the IT team, for example.)
· Organize and conduct audits of both units’ current capabilities concerning the selected strategic framework.
· Organize and help both leads conduct stakeholder interviews across key accounts, departments and geographies.
· Help the leads develop a detailed gap analysis for each unit.
· Help both leads establish a comprehensive plan with owners and dates and get it agreed with management.
· Project manages and curates the plan to close the identified gaps as quickly as possible.
· Preside over ongoing refreshes of the gap analysis and curate the intention to keep both units aligned with the continuously evolving needs of the business.
· Formulate a developed job description for the ongoing support of the IT and OMG teams beyond the short term cost savings and described transformation.
· Assist with the setup of new Studios as needed
· 15+ years of technical project management
· Global experience
· Agency experience
· IT experience a plus
· Strategic planning experience
· Change management and process re-engineering experience
· Systems development lifecycle (SDLC) design experience
· user-centred Design (UCD) development process experience
· Client facing experience
· Highly organised with demonstrable follow through and celebrated accomplishments
· Excellent communications skills
· Proficiency with scheduling and tools for planning and tracking
· Good working knowledge of corporate legal environments, contract law, vendor management and commercials
· Demonstrable risk management skills
Roles like this do not stick around long. if you want to express your interest in this role, please get in touch with Noz on 02074269840 or send your CV to email@example.com