Paying up to £39,000
IT Systems Analyst (2nd Line) – Chelmsford – Permanent
Do you have experience within 1st/2nd Line Desktop Support within the Legal Sector and looking for your next challenge?
About the Company:
My client is a leading global law firm seeking a talented and experienced Systems Analyst to provide users with support and technical resolution for the desktop environment. Key Responsibilities:
· Delivery of excellent IT support service to the firm’s staff and clients on-site at any regional office as directed by the IT Operations Manager.
· Ensuring the firm’s Desktop infrastructure meets service standards for systems availability.
· Assisting the IT Operations Manager to resolve complaints and problems promptly and satisfactorily.
· Problem Management – identifying trends, delivering workarounds and working with the IT Teams to address underlying issues. · Advising the IT Operations Manager of any technical or resource issues that may impact on the service provided to the firm and its clients. ·
· To resolve user desktop and peripheral problems reported on the helpdesk or over the phone and to take full responsibility for the resolution of issues owned. ·
· To respond promptly to jobs and queries allocated to the 2nd line team via the Helpdesk in sequence and defined by the priority assigned. ·
· Updating all incidents on the helpdesk system with full details promptly with punctuation, grammar and spelling checks completed ·
· To alert the IT Operations Manager to any unresolved or problematic queries which require more help or which have not been resolved within the time scales defined by the Service Level Agreements or by the IT Operations Manager.
· Ensure that all calls allocated via the Helpdesk are correctly classified, prioritised and assigned to 2nd line.
· To maintain communication with customers regarding the progress or status of jobs at all times.
· Update documentation and add to the Knowledge Bank.
· Configure new PCs and set up new workstations as required and to maintain a standard image for all PC equipment.
· Maintain all spare stock levels · To provide technical skills transfer to other 2nd line team staff when needed.
· Assisting the IT Operations Manager to devise and implement operational processes and procedures, to provide reliable and available IT systems to the firm; implementing those operational processes and procedures.
· Taking responsibility for the resolution of calls assigned to the 2nd line team, prioritising and setting expectation accordingly.
· Provide consistent, high quality and reliable support service.
· Maintaining and provisioning standard equipment and software.
· Providing such support and assistance as may be reasonably required by the Helpdesk and Systems & Networks teams in performance of their responsibilities.
· Knowledge Bank documentation creation · Provide Litigation support – data/file transfer requests – identifying the most efficient way to implement at minimal cost · Responsible for providing IT assistance or technical support to user AV requests, providing workarounds or alternative solutions therein.
· Ensuring all 2nd line team operational procedures are appropriately planned and documented; ensuring that operations are performed in accordance with documented procedures.
· Assisting the IT Operations Manager to ensure the IT Department operates the firm’s systems in accordance with ISO27001 requirements.
· Assisting IT Operations Manager with regular systems performance reviews, undertaking capacity planning and implementing such upgrades and changes as may be agreed to maintain agreed system performance levels.
· Working under the direction of the firm’s Project Managers as part of project teams and as directed by the IT Operations Manager. ·
· Assisting the IT Operations Manager to plan and deliver infrastructure requirements to enable the implementation of new systems and upgrades and significant changes to existing systems.
· Assisting in the installation, testing and roll-out of new systems and updates and significant changes to existing systems.
· To undertake any other duties and projects as may reasonably be required of you and from time to time allocated to you.
· To operate the firm’s Quality Procedures as specified in the current edition of the Quality Procedures.
· Travel, including short and longer trips, to other sites will be required.
Key Skills and Experience:
· IT experience in the legal sector as 1st/2nd line support.
· Knowledge of using Active Directory/Exchange/Profile management
· Virtual desktop environment, Citrix Director
· MS Office knowledge (2007, 2010, 2013), Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
· Legal application experience – Filesite, Bighand, Carpe Diem, Elite
· Experience of IP networking
· Knowledge of Remote Access systems and focusing on supporting remotely
· Smartphone, Mobile Iron
· PC hardware knowledge
· Ability to manage upgrade projects of various complexities
· Call queue prioritisation/management
· Focused and keen to deliver a high level of service while to prioritise and meeting deadlines
· Process driven
· Understanding of ITIL (v2 or v3)
· Understanding of ISMS/ISO27001
· Rollout of VDI, Windows 7 and Office 2013
· RES Workspace Manager (VDI deployment, maintenance)
· Good technical knowledge of Audio Visual hardware and teleconferencing
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role, then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give Walter a call on 0207 655 4604 to discuss whether this role is right for you.