Paying up to £55,000
IT Technical Systems Analyst (Applications Team)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced technical systems analyst who has strong DMS and SQL expertise to be the technical lead for the firm’s legal application platforms. The position will primarily be involved in to the day to day support, operation and improvement of the firm’s legal IT systems – in particular iManage, Elite, Interaction, Intapp etc. The person must also be able to perform generalist systems administration across the firms IT systems. As technical lead, you will be required to work with business owners and 3rd party vendors when required.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm’s technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by two functional but collaborative groups – Applications and Infrastructure.
The Applications group are responsible for the unified communications, database systems, desktop image and the firms’ business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project, security, and development teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
Technical Experience Required
Skills and experience required
* In-depth knowledge of iManage Work and SQL
* Working knowledge of legal-industry applications such as Elite or other PMS, BigHand, Interaction, Intapp Suite, MS Exchange and Mimecast
* Experience of SharePoint, SCCM and Microsoft Office
* Good knowledge of Windows-based Servers, PCs, laptops, Blackberry’s, IOS devices and storage technologies
* Knowledge of Virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix VDI and Xen App
* Experience of working in a ITIL-based support environment and with Help Desk systems such as INFRA
Areas of focus and responsibilities
* Support systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained.
* Identifying, documenting and undertaking maintenance and administration processes on systems globally, with particular emphasis on iManage, SQL, InterAction, Elite, Intapp, Exchange, Mimecast, Citrix and VMWare.
* Provide a technical resource for projects run by the Systems Manager or Project Management Office and produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base. Progress projects and tasks on time and to budget
* Monitor the team queue in the Help Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
* Define and track SLAs for key systems with special emphasis on legal applications.
* Maintain technical leadership in assigned technologies, and ensure that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues
* Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers where needed. Incidents should be actioned within agreed timescales and monitored to resolution.
* Working with the Team Leader, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity procedures are in place and documented.
* Assist with occasional infrastructure / server support and patching out of other office core hours.
* Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the Team Leader and IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
* Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm.
* Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users.
* Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes.
* Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages.
* 930am to 530pm core but flexibility is a must
* 8am to 4pm early shift is in place. It rotates every 6 weeks
* 24/7 on-call rota is in place. It rotates every 6 weeks
* Agile working environment split between two London offices, and where appropriate, working from home
* 12 weeks’ probation period
* 12 weeks’ notice period
* Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
If this role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then please send your CV to kawsarM@jitr.co.uk or give Kawsar a call on 020 3540 9441.