Paying up to £55,000
Want to be a tech leader in a well-known educational institution?
An Oracle DBA is needed to grow, maintain and create in the Virtual Learning division across a well-known and established educational institution. You will be responsible for managing the development team and lead key implementation plans in line with business requirements.
This role is responsible for all database planning, maintenance, troubleshooting of support issues and design/build of DDL scripts and code that sits within the database tier (eg triggers and stored procedures). It is a key role for their organisation, are you up for the challenge?
The person in this role should have had
· At least 3 years working as a production database administrator
· At least 3 years or more working as a development database administrator
· Preferably some experience in working on data conversions between database platforms
· Excellent skills with Microsoft SQL and Oracle SQL
· Intermediate level experience with MySQL
· Ideally some exposure to Oracle extent management (Oracle 8 skill)
· MS SQL
· Oracle PLSQL
· Database capacity planning
· Management of Oracle ASM
· Extent management
· Conversion of data between different databases
· Database monitoring & troubleshooting
· Database performance tuning
You will need to be someone who is driven, who is able to approach problems analytically and solve them with a strategic perspective to help maintain high standards to the range of tasks you will be responsible for. You also need to be of strong character and a natural leader or influencer.
About the company
As one of the biggest names in their sector, this organisation has extensive capabilities across a range of service offerings, and is continuously growing. Backed by an even bigger player, a company like this holds significant opportunity for progression and personal development, alongside the pleasure of work diversity. The people you will be working with are a bright and very tech-savvy team, with great shared knowledge and open-minded culture.
About the rewards
You will be earning up to £50,000 p.a while primarily working from home, there is also a wider benefits package on offer, inclusive of private healthcare and contributory pension scheme.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org