Paying up to £65,000
Are you an experienced Networking professional looking for an exciting new role? Want to take your technical skills to the next level?
We are looking for an experienced Network Planner with experience in Network design for an exciting global Media company. You will be part of a diverse organisation with huge opportunities and significant opportunity for continuous learning and progression.
With massive responsibility and various technologies to work with, this is a role which will never get boring. This position reports directly to the EMEA Network Engineering Team Lead and may interface with all levels of employees across the company and across the globe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities and essential functions of the position:
Design, analyze, and support the company’s network infrastructure across the enterprise based on requirements and standards. It is imperative that appropriate standards are documented, maintained and followed with the goal of providing high network availability and an unsurpassed level of service to our customers.
- Configure, install, monitor and maintain network switches, routers, wireless access points, wireless controllers and VPN devices at the company’s enterprise data centers and customer sites.
- Provide third-level troubleshooting and problem resolution on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate business unit requirements by gathering discussions to obtain design specifications to meet the stated objectives.
– Work in conjunction with Project Management teams, Network Design and Support teams to provide turn-key Networking solutions.
– Design and build networks to achieve high availability requirements.
– Collect and analyze data about the performance and capacity of the network and its components, and make recommendations to management.
- Create and maintain project and site documentation.
– Ensure proper escalation procedures are followed if a sensitive issue or a major problem is suspected.
- Minimise client productivity loss caused by technical outages.
- Work with customers to upgrade and replace their network infrastructure to the approved IP IT standards.
– Document network configurations for all data centers and supported agencies. Provide Visio diagrams for network configurations, document equipment configurations.
-Minimum 5+ years experience supporting a medium to large size, multi-site network
Minimum of 5+ years in a Cisco environment
Minimum 5+ years experience working with the following technologies:
§EIGRP and BGP. Ethernet switched LAN and 802.11 WLAN, SNMP, Spanning tree, CDP, VTP T1, PRI, DS3 and fractional services, along with Frame relay, ATM, IPSec VPN, MPLS services QOS, MGCP and H323.
An expert understanding of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and extensive hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless, load balancers, and VPN devices.
An expert understanding of TCP/IP networking and LAN/WAN architecture.
-Demonstrate ability to design and implement complex Cisco data and VoIP networks.
-Experience with Cisco ISE 2.x
-Experience implementing and troubleshooting Check Point, Cisco, and Palo Alto firewalls
-Experience in the use of network management tools to detect and resolve network issues.
-Must have the ability to lead small implementation teams in the deployment of networks and problem resolution of complex network problems.
-Exceptional customer service skills
-CCNP/CCIE certification or equivalent job related experience
As a Senior Network Engineer at this level, you will assist with the expert construction of the network footprint in an established team responsible for the installation, management and service of their products.
* To provide Network Planning support, primarily focusing on the production of concise diagrams outlining best solution, with commercial exposure in mind
* You will be monitoring the performance of the existing network and taking remedial action in conjunction with the provisioning department
* Research industry relevant technological developments, highlighting any personal development requirements whilst encouraging the network engineering team to emulate your passion for technology
* Evaluate and recommends changes to current and future network requirements to meet the organisation’s needs
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The client is one of the world’s premier advertising and marketing services companies. Their agency brands deliver custom marketing solutions to many of the world’s largest advertisers. They cover the spectrum of marketing disciplines and specialties, from public relations and consumer advertising, to mobile and search engine marketing. Their client solutions vary from project-based activity involving one agency and its client to long-term, fully-integrated campaigns created by a group of our companies working together on behalf of a client. With offices in over 100 countries, they can operate in a single region or align work globally across all major world markets. Based in Central London this company has an enviable location with great facilities and opportunities abound.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
£55,000-£65,000 per annum
Generous holiday allowance
HOW TO APPLY
Great opportunities like this don’t last long. Submit your CV now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, give Sophie a call on 02030 966763 to discuss whether this role is right for you.