Paying up to £70,000
Are you a talented Linux Professional with a background in finance looking for an exciting new role? Want to take your technical skills to the next level?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Systems Engineer with a background in finance for an exciting and unique Financial Services firm. You will be an important member of the Systems team working on projects that contribute towards enhancing and developing the IT provision across the business. You will be part of a diverse organization with opportunities for continuous learning and progression.
* Analyses, designs, implements, and supports solutions around complex interdependencies of the varying businesses and their systems
* Design, plan and implement processes for Information Lifecycle Management
* Analyse business imperatives and make appropriate recommendations to management as to how to address these needs
* Directly responsible for the configuration, testing, and deployment of mission critical systems within their realm of responsibility
* Provides Top-Tier escalation support for the servers, storage, and/or applications the Engineer is responsible for maintaining
* Deploys/Installs, maintains, and repairs systems across the enterprise as well as provides some degree of technical support for the applications therein
* Assist the Help Desk by responding to tickets and requests
* Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules
* Selects methods and techniques to be used for obtaining solutions
* Interfaces with vendors and various internal groups for trouble calls
* Performs all work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
You will have strong knowledge of and possess the following key competencies:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related studies
* Experience with enterprise based Unix/Linux systems management
* Experience with systems administration and/or design
* Experience with Microsoft Azure Deployments, Environment & Services (IAAS, PAAS, Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitor, OMS)
* Scripting experience: python/bash/PowerShell preferred
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
* Understanding of Active Directory, ADFS and Group Policy
* Microsoft System Center experience is a plus
* Migration experience with O365/Exchange Online
* Solid understanding of backup technologies and methodologies
* Knowledge of NAS or SAN technologies and how they operate
* VMWare/Citrix XenApp/Virtualization experience is a plus
* MS Exchange 2013 experience is a plus
* Knowledge of Netapp is a plus
* Cisco UCS experience is a plus
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for deploying and configuring systems specific to your area of expertise. You will also be tasked with guaranteeing the system (server, storage, and/or application) is up, healthy, and working as designed. Your responsibilities will also include designing, recommending and implementing new innovative IT solutions on how to improve on existing practices.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
My client trades across a variety of different markets, including Forex, commodities, futures and securities. This is an excellent opportunity for highly pro-active individual to take their skills to the next level and enhance their overall experience.
Based in Moorgate central London, with beautiful offices on London Wall. Their growth in London has been strong, going from 100 people to 240 and looking to grow further. They have the benefits of a smaller open plan office, whilst still having the support and stability of a large multinational company.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
£60,000-£70,000 per annum
Generous holiday allowance
Investment in training
HOW TO APPLY
Great opportunities like this don’t last long. Submit your CV now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, give Emmanuel a call on 02074269817 to discuss whether this role is right for you.